(A/B/C) Minor Oral Surgery & Basic Implantology for DCPs – 31/07/18
New GDC 2018 Development Outcome Coding: CPostgraduate Dental CourseThis 2 day programme runs from 9:30am to 4:30pm each day.Course Aims: This course aims to impart delegates with the necessary skills and knowledge to diagnose and treat cases of Tooth Wear in General Dental Practice. An array of practical techniques will be taught, which permit contingency planning. It also aims to explain clinical and applied occlusion.Course Objectives: By the end of this course delegates should:
- Have an understanding of the practical considerations of clinical occlusion in relation to the treatment of the worn dentition, including the taking of facebow and inter-occlusal records, finding centric relation, articulator selection and the concept of relative axial movement ‘Dahl phenomenon’.
- Be able to assess and diagnose pathological tooth wear.
- Be able to determine which cases require active restorative intervention, and where passive management (prevention and monitoring) would suffice.
- Be able to effectively treatment plan for the management of wear cases, including the ability to apply established principals of aesthetics and occlusal stability to attain predictable outcomes.
- Understand the merits and drawbacks of the differing treatment protocols, materials (metal alloys, ceramic and resin) and techniques used to restore the worn dentition, including the use of conventionally and adhesively retained indirect restorations.
- Develop the skills and knowledge to treat worn localized and generalized Tooth Wear.
- Comprehensive course covering both theory and practical with the practical component based at the world class dental postgraduate teaching centre – LonDEC.
- Course speakers have several years’ clinical experience with the treatment of wear cases in general dental practice.
- Course speakers are experienced teachers of Tooth Wear at a Master’s level, and have published extensively in peer reviewed journals and lectured nationally and internationally on this subject.
Who is this course for:
- Practitioners interested in the treatment of Tooth Wear in their day to day practice
- Clinicians wishing to develop their knowledge of practical occlusion
Practitioners who would like to treat suitable cases at their practice rather than refer, and have the potential to increase their revenue and treatment satisfaction.Each participant will receive comprehensive course notes, a certificate of completion from LonDEC and 12 hours verifiable CPD.The price for this course is £899. Places are limited so please book early to avoid disappointment.Course is inclusive of refreshments and light buffet lunch.Early Bird Discount: £100Please use the product discount code tw1earlybird at checkout - This coupon is valid for bookings before 29th June 2018
Subir Banerji. BDS MClinDent(Prosthodontics) PhD MFGDP(UK) FICOI FICD
Director MSc Aesthetic Dentistry, Senior Clinical Teacher King’s College London Dental Institute
Dr Subir Banerji qualified with a Bachelor of Dental Surgery from The University of Newcastle Upon Tyne Dental School, UK.
He completed an advanced course in Restorative Dentistry at The Eastman Dental Hospital, London and his Fellowship of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. He gained his Masters in Clinical Dentistry (Prosthodontics) from the University of London and PhD from the University of London and the Statutes of Kings College London. He is also a fellow of the International College of Dentists.
In addition to his Private Practice in London he is the Programme Director for the MSc in Aesthetic Dentistry which is delivered in a “blended learning format”, a Senior Post Graduate Tutor on the Master’s in Clinical Dentistry (fixed and removable Prosthodontics) programme and a former Senior Undergraduate Clinical Teacher at the Department of Primary Dental Care at King’s College London Dental Institute. He lectures nationally and internationally and has several publications to his credit in peer reviewed International journals, and is a reviewer for the Oral Health and Preventive Dentistry publication by Quintessence. He is the author of chapter 3 on “Patient Examination and Assessment” for the book “Essentials in Esthetic Dentistry” Volume 1, published by Elsevier and released in December 2014. He is author and Editor in Chief for “Practical Procedure’s in Aesthetic Dentistry”; a unique publication published by Wiley in February 2017 in which the written text is supported by online based video and multimedia material. He is also the author of the academic units on Implants, Posterior Composites and Tooth Wear for the Master’s programmes at King’s College and is involved in postgraduate research, supervision and examining of Master’s Dissertations and projects. He has conducted several Postgraduate and Master’s level courses in aesthetics, implants, composites, fixed and removable prosthodontics and occlusion in the UK, US, Europe, Australia, Hong Kong and India. He is also an examiner for both Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes.
Dr Banerji is an invited expert on the European Consensus panel for the treatment and management of Tooth Wear and is an appointed expert and advisor to the General Dental Council (UK) He is also Head of the Continuing Medical Education department of i2i Telesolutions Pvt Ltd and on the editorial board of the Academy of Dental Excellence – an online dental education delivering platform.
Course Runs - Saturday 28th - Sunday 29th July 2018If you would like to book this course select the number of attendees bellow, the dates you wish to attend and add to your basket. You can then view your basket or continue to purchase other courses. Once you have finished view your cart in the top right hand corner of the website and proceed to payment. We will then send you account log in information via email once the order is complete.
|Course End Date||31-07-2018|